Commercial & Professional Membership
Organic support for garden centres and horticultural businesses, professional gardeners and designers and the public and private sector.
What we offer
Members receive all the benefits of full Garden Organic membership which includes:
- 'The Organic Way' - a 68 page full colour quarterly magazine.
- 10% discount off all items in 'The Organic Gardening Catalogue'
- Free unlimited email advice
- The use of Garden Organic's reference library
- Discounted membership of the Heritage Seed Library
- Free entry to a number of nationally known gardens *
Additional advantages of being a Commercial & Professional member:
- Unlimited free entry to Garden Organic gardens at Ryton in Warwickshire and Audley End in Saffron Walden for up to 4 people
- An 'Organic Grounds Maintenance Manual'
- A binder containing a selection of Garden Organic Information Factsheets
- An opportunity to promote your business and the services you provide on Garden Organic's website
- Training days and organised visits
- Automatic membership to Garden Organic's Organic Head Gardeners Association if you are a head gardener or gardener-in-charge
* Applies to one member only, whatever the membership category
Who should Join?
Anyone who makes their living from horticulture and who is, or wants to be organic.
- Head & professional gardeners
- Garden & landscape designers
- Local authorities
- Garden centres & nurseries
- Land owners
Membership rate is £55.00
- Membership enrolment form here (PDF - 125Kb)
Organic Horticultural Standards
Garden Organic is currently developing organic horticultural standards, working closely with other trade representatives. Organic food and farming standards are governed by EU law. At present this does not apply to gardening or amenity horticultural services and landscaping. Garden Organic, the national charity for organic growing, has responded to the market, due to massive interest, by publishing standards for organic products and is developing standards for amenity horticultural services and landscaping.
Professional gardeners, landscape designers, local authorities or land owners wanting to follow organic principles can use Garden organic's Guidelines for Organic Gardening or Organic Grounds Maintenance Manual.