Saturday 13th October 2012
at Ryton Gardens
Celebrate Apple Day
Apple Day: Fun to the core!
Come along and celebrate Britain’s bountiful apples at Garden Organic’s Apple Day at Ryton Gardens. Saturday 13 October 10am to 5pm
Exploration, information and enjoyment for all the family.
- Apple Identification. Bring along any unidentified apples from the garden and our team of experts will help you to identify the variety
- Apple Tasting. Sample a vast spectrum of apples provided by Brogdale, home of the national fruit collection
- Apple Information and advice. Our Chief Horticulturist and fruit expert, Bob Sherman, will be imparting his expert knowledge to help with your fruit growing
- Tours of the Orchard. Let our guides take you on a tour of our mature apple and pear orchards, including espalier and ballerina grown trees for you to take inspiration from. You can also see our young Midlands Orchard, with Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire and Leicestershire trees.
- Apple Pressing. We’ll be pressing our windfall apples for visitors to sample the delicious taste of freshly pressed juice
- Cookery demonstrations. Learn some culinary tips from our friends at Change Kitchen who will be cooking up a storm with apples!
- Apple Refreshments. Warm up in the NFU Mutual Apple Marquee with a glass of mulled cider, or enjoy a sit down in the Garden Café with an apple themed menu
- Apple trees to buy from Walcot Organic Nursery
- Children's Activities. Take an autumn trail around the gardens and enjoy a range of activities for younger visitors
- Our special thanks to our friends NFU Mutual for sponsoring the Apple Day marquee.
Child (5 to16)/OAP/Concession/ Student: £3.50*
Family Ticket (2 adults + 2 children): £13.20*
Under 5s: FREE
Group Discount 10+ 50p per ticket discount
Garden Organic members: FREE
Shop, plant area and Café: FREE