Many people are able to grow an average crop of potatoes, but this course will help equip you with the skills for growing high-yielding and good quality organic crops. On the day we will answer questions such as:
- How should I prepare the soil for an optimum crop?
- How should I treat the seed before I plant it?
- Which varieties are best harvested early and which ones store well?
- Is this variety better for salads, mash or roasting?
- What pest or disease is in my crop and how do I deal with it organically?
The course will be led by Dr. Anton Rosenfeld who has worked at Garden Organic for 12 years. He has many interests but is an expert when it comes to soils and exotic crops. On returning to the UK following his research on growing a range of exotic crops in Guyana in South America, he joined Garden Organic where he has worked on projects with commercial field, scale growers and communities.
Aimed at beginner to intermediate level.