Supporting a sustainable future
Leaving a legacy gift to Garden Organic
Legacies are incredibly important to us. We have benefited enormously from them. Our organic garden at Ryton is the wonderful, attractive site it is today because, thanks in part to legacy gifts, vision was able to be turned into reality.
Legacies have helped in all stages of our development from the earliest days.
- See the section How we have used legacy gifts for some examples of what these gifts have helped us accomplish.
A legacy gift is always about the future. They are given by people of foresight to help achieve something they believe in. A legacy gift to us is a sign of believing in an organic, sustainable future for ourselves and our planet, and of each legacy giver’s commitment to helping us research, inform, support and inspire people about the organic approach. Every legacy is a positive step for an organic future.
- Your legacy gift could help us in one of many ways. Find out why we need your legacy gift.
- 100 years ago, the only way to garden was organically and whether for a cottage garden or a country estate, gardeners were adept at making the most of their space, their climate, their earth.
- 50 years ago the focus had changed, chemicals arrived en masse with the Second World War need to make every inch productive to maximum capacity. Little thought was given to tomorrow.
- Only people of vision, like Lawrence Hills, saw the fundamental unsustainability of this approach and what it would mean to lose our biodiversity.
- Now nearly 50 years on, the value of, indeed the need for, an organic approach, is being recognised again. We need to be ready to support the renewal of interest and make ourselves more widely known, so that people know we are here to help.
- We need to show the sustainability and benefits of organic growing in practice.
- As we hear about children’s lack of knowledge about where food comes from, and the general lack of understanding of nutrition, we need to further develop and promote our work in a positive, encouraging way to inform and inspire future generations to get growing.
A legacy to us is an investment in this development, in our outreach and our belief in a sustainable future. It will enable us to better meet our charitable objectives as we work towards achieving our goal.
For more information, or to discuss how a legacy gift could be used, please contact
Myles Bremner, Chief Executive, Garden Organic, Garden Organic Ryton, Coventry CV8 3LG
Telephone 024 7630 8207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org