Research Topics and Trials
Experience has shown that :
- Organic weed management is a very practical process and weed management technologies and techniques underlie many farm operations
- weeds have a direct impact on desired farm outcomes (yield, financial returns, happiness etc.)
- organic farms are complex systems and weeds are only one aspect of the farm production, ecology and socio-economics (but an important one!)
- Weed problems often have complex causes, and therefore cannot be solved by simple technological fixes. Solutions require an understanding of land history and rotations among other factors.
- As each farm system is in many ways unique it is often not clear where