Fusarium patch on lawns
Fusarium patch on lawn
Could you please tell me how to treat Fusarium patch organically? My lawn has been badly affected.
Fusarium patch or snow mould, appears between September and May in wet conditions, often following a cover of snow. The spores are spread by wind.
Prevention and control are quite simple:
- Never apply a high nitrogen fertiliser in the autumn
- Aerate and scarify the lawn annually
- Do not walk on lawn when covered with snow
- In the spring, rake away dead turf
- Re-seed if a large patch has been infected