2020 AGM and Members' Day
We would love you to join us for our 2020 Annual General Meeting and Members' Day, taking place at the Rheged Centre, Penrith.
09.15 - Complimentary minibus departs Penrith Station (advanced booking essential)
09.30 - Arrival and registration
10.00 - Annual General Meeting. The business of the meeting will be to consider:
- Introduction and welcome by the Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes - To approve the minutes of the 32nd Annual General Meeting held on Thursday 20th June 2019 (available on Garden Organic's website from 14th May 2020)
- Presentation of the 2019 Annual Report on Garden Organic's activities
- Presentation of the Consolidated Financial Statements 2019 - To receive the reports of the Board and its auditors for the year ended 31st December 2019 (available on Garden Organic's website from 14th May 2020)
- Adoption of the Annual Report and Consolidated Financial Statements 2019
- Appointment of Auditors 2020 - To authorise the members of the Board to appoint auditors and to fix their remuneration
- Election of Board Members - To confirm elections to the vacancies of the Garden Organic Board of Trustees
11.00 - The business of the AGM being concluded, there will be time for questions from the floor.
Following the AGM, members are invited to stay and enjoy our Members' Day activities
Members' Day Programme
11.00 - President's Address - Tim Lang PhD, FFPH, Hon DSc. Garden Organic President and Professor of Food Policy at City University of London.
12.15 - Lunch. An optional two-course hot buffet lunch will be provided by the Rheged Centre at £15 per person.
13.30 - Activity session - choice of one of the following:
- Sort out your Soil. Explore what makes a healthy soil, the different ways you can test your soil, and how you can improve it. Even the most experienced grower will take away tips from this session. Members are encouraged to bring a soil sample with them.
- Start Seed Saving. Join us for an interactive session covering the basics of seed saving. From planning your plot and isolating crops, to harvesting, cleaning and storing seed.
- Peat-free Growing. Learn about the challenges the industry are overcoming to eradicate peat from their products, explore peat-free alternativevs and chat to our experts about how to get them to work for you on your own plot.
14.15 - Refreshments
14.30 - Key Note Speaker. Sarah Dunning OBE, Chair of The Westmorland Family, the team behind Tebay and Gloucester services, and the our venue, the Rheged Centre. Sarah will share the family's story and their role in a local food revolution.
15.15 - Organic Gardeners' Question Panel
16.00 - Ends. Minibus departs.
Places are limited and are allocated on a first come, first served basis. To book your place please return the booking form provided with the latest edition of The Organic Way or call us on 024 7630 8210.