2018 Annual General Meeting and Members' Day
Garden Organic members are invited to join us for our 2018 Annual General Meeting and Members' Day. The day with start with the formalities of the AGM, followed by lunch. In the afternoon visitors will be able to choose from a number of workshops exploring different aspects of Garden Organic's work. Before heading home, members are invited to join us for a brief reception to celebrate our Diamond Jubilee.
A detailed programme is outlined below.
Annual General Meeting
9.15am - Registration and refreshments
10.00am - Annual General Meeting
- Introduction and welcome by the Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes - To approve the minutes of the 30th Annual General Meeting held on Thursday 18th May 2017 (available on the Garden Organic website from 20th April)
- Presentation of the 2017 Annual Report on Garden Organic's activities by the Chief Executive
- Presentation of the Consolidated Financial Statements 2017 by the Treasurer of the Board of Trustees - To receive the reports of the Board and its auditors for the year neded 31st December 2017 (available on the Garden Organic website from 20th April 2018)
- Adoption of the Annual Report and Consolidated Financial Statements 2017
- Appointment of Auditors 2018 - To authorise the members of the Board to appoint auditors and to fix their remuneration
- Election of Board Members - To confirm elections to the vacancies of the Garden Organic Board of Trustees
- Update on the future of Ryton Organic Gardens - To discuss the future plans for the site at Ryton Organic Gardens. Members are invited to submit questions in advance of the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The business of the AGM being concluded, there will be time for questions from the floor.
Members' Day and Jubilee Celebration
12.00noon - Lunch and time to explore the gardens and the jubilee display
1.15pm - Activity session 1 - choice of one of the following:
Activity 1a - Celebrating 60 years of Members' Experiments. Dr. Margi Lennartsson will present the findings from the research reivew of Garden Organic's long-running programme of citizen science.
Activity 1b - Behind the scenes at the Heritage Seed Library (HSL). Enjoy a guided tour of the HSL, including the growing space, the seed cleaning and processing facilities and the packing area. Learn how this unique conservation and seed sharing initiative works. This will involve a walking tour across some uneven ground. Those with limited mobility are advised to choose a different session.
Activity 1c - Gardening for all. Discover how our social and horticultural therapy work adapts to the needs of each individual grower. This session will explore what to consider in an accessible growing space and understanding how to find what turns each person on to growing.
Activity 1d - Engaging communities, whatever the setting. Through the Master Composter programme in Cumbria and the Food Poverty Project in the London Borough of Southwark, we eill explore the challenges of grassroots engagement in two very different settings.
2.00pm - Refreshments and activity change over
2.15pm - Activity session 2 - choice of one of the following (repeated from above):
Activity 2a - Celebrating 60 years of Members' Experiments
Activity 2b - Behind the scenes at the Heritage Seed Library
Activity 2c - Gardening for all
Activity 2d - Engaging communities, whatever the setting.
3.00pm - Jubilee celebration drinks reception
5.00pm - End
Online booking has now closed. If you would still like to join us please call 024 7630 8210 to check availability.
Please note - attendance at the AGM part of the day is limited to members only, with one place available per membership. Non-members are welcome to join us for lunch and for the afternoon activities. The event is free to attend for members, with optional lunch for £12.50. Non-members places are £25.00 each. Please provide the details of any dietary requirements when booking. Only places including lunch can be booked online. To book a place without lunch please call.
A free minibus transfer from Coventry train station to Ryton Organic Gardens and back will be available. Please indicate when booking if you would like more information on this.