2019 AGM and Members' Day
We would love you to join us for our 2019 Annual General Meeting and Members' Day, taking place within the inspirational surroundings of St Fagans National Museum of Welsh History.
09.30 - Complementary minibus departs Waun-gron Park Station (advanced booking essential)
09.45 - Arrival and registration
10.30 - Annual General Meeting. The business of the meeting will be to consider:
- Introduction and welcome by the Chair of the Board Trustees
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes - To approve the minutes of the 31st Annual General Meeting held on Friday 18th May 2018 (available on Garden Organic's website from 23rd May 2019)
- Presentation of the 2018 Annual Report on Garden Organic's activities
- Presentation of the Consolidated Financial Statements 2018 - To receive the reports of the Board and its auditors for the year ended 31st December 2018 (available on Garden Organic's website from 23rd May 2019)
- Adoption of the Annual Report and Consolidated Financial Statements 2018
- Appointment of Auditors 2019 - To authorise the members of the Board to appoint auditors and to fix their remuneration
- Election of Board Members - To confirm elections to the vacancies of the Garden Organic Board of Trustees
11.30 - The business of the AGM being concluded, there will be time for questions from the floor.
Following the AGM, members are invited to stay and enjoy our Members' Day activities
Members' Day Programme
12.00 - Lunch. An optional two-course hot buffet lunch will be provided by St. Fagans at £15 per person.
13.15 - Activity session - choice of one of the following:
- Engaging the next generation of organic grower. Hear about the current education landscape and Garden Organic's work within it.
- Heritage Seed Library - Being seen. Learn about how Garden Organic is working with regional gardens to display historically and geographically appropriate varieties.
- Community Engagement across the UK. Discover how your support is helping to build and strengthen organic growing communities up and down the country.
14.00 - Refreshments
14.15 - Key Note Speaker. Tim Lang PhD, FFPH, Hon DSc. Garden Organic President and Professor of Food Policy at City University of London
15.00 - Members' Day ends, allowing free time for members to explore St. Fagans (no extra cost)
17.00 - Venue closes and complementary minibus departs to Waun-gron Park Station
Places are limited and are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Unfortunately online booking is currently unavailable, email email@example.com, call 024 7630 8210 or return the booking form provided with the latest edition of The Organic Way to secure a place.