Autumn & Winter in your organic garden
Autumn & Winter doesn’t necessarily mean quiet gardening months. This course gives an overview of what organic methods you can apply over these seasons in your garden, we have detailed below the topics covered as part of the course.
This is an ideal course for anybody new to growing that needs guidance on what to do at this time of year. It will also provide useful tips for more experienced gardeners who are looking to move to more sustainable growing.
The course will include an overview of the principles of organic gardening and will also include a practical activity so you can take something away with you to get started. We will provide you with useful resources to take away so you can read more about the topics covered as part of the day.
- Dealing with autumn leaves
- What to sow for winter
- How to replenish the soil & protect it
- Helping wildlife
- A brief look at seed saving
- Tidying the garden ready for winter months
- An overview of how to plan for next year
- Keeping your compost active
- Wildlife needs in winter
- Tips for extending the growing season
- Putting the garden to bed
Course Level: Beginner
What you need to bring: Outdoor clothing and footwear.
This course is not suitable for children under the age of 16. Details of this course are subject to change.