Composting - the cornerstone of organic gardening
Composting is a key element of organic growing. There has always been something magical about the transformation of green waste into a product that can benefit your soil and help your plants to thrive. This course will help you to fine tune your composting process and gain an understanding of the processes that happen and how this can be influenced by different mixes and types of bin. We will also show you how to make the best use of your compost for growing healthy food.
- The basic components of successful composting including where to site your compost bin and which ingredients to compost
- Demonstration of different bin types and composting systems
- Recognising the creatures in your compost bin
- How to deal with problem compost heaps
- A basic knowledge of how to use compost in the garden, potting mixes and mulches
Course level: Beginners
What you need to bring: Sensible shoes and outdoor wear
This course is not suitable for children under the age of 16. Details of this course are subject to change.