Composting - the cornerstone of organic growing
Composting is a key element of organic growing. There has always been something magical about the transformation of green waste into a product that can benefit your soil and help your plants to thrive. Our half day course will help you to fine tune your composting process and gain an understanding of the processes that happen and how this can be influenced by different mixes and types of bin. We will also show you how to make the best use of your compost for growing healthy food.
What we will cover:
- Successful composting including where to site your compost bin and what to compost
- Demonstration of different bin types and composting systems
- Recognising the creatures in your compost bin
- How to deal with problem compost heaps
- A basic knowledge of how to use compost in the garden, potting mixes and mulches
Course Level: Beginner/Intermediate.
This course is not suitable for children under the age of 16. Details of this course are subject to change.