Creating a small organic garden
Ryton Organic Gardens
Wednesday, 1 May 2019 -
6:00pm to 9:00pm
Our evening course will dispel the myth that you need a large space to grow your own food. We will demonstrate how, with minimum space, you can have an area that looks attractive and produces healthy food.
We will show you the best techniques for container growing and highlight plants for different environments. Whether you have a small garden, a balcony or even just a windowsill, there will be something useful for you to take away including a range of factsheets and something you have sown to grow at home.
What we will cover
- An overview of the principles of organic growing
- How to make best use of compost for container growing
- Design a layout for a small organic garden
- Look at the best things to grow in a small space
- Tour of Ryton Organic gardens to show different ways of maximising yields from small areas
Course level: Beginner
If you choose to book a place on this course please send an image with a brief description of your growing space to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking a place:
Places are limited and are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please contact us for more information and to reserve a place. Alternatively, book a place or register your interest online.
This course is not suitable for children under the age of 16. Details of this course are subject to change.
Cost [non member]:
024 7630 3517