Growing winter veg
Now is the time to plan ahead and consider your winter growing space. With a little forward planning, you can produce food all year round! This full day course will show you that there is more to growing winter veg than swedes and leeks and will introduce you to the wide array of exciting crops that can be grown. We will also show you ways of getting around the ‘hungry gap’ period, by looking at different methods of protected cropping.
What we will cover:
- Awareness of which crops can grow over winter and when to sow and plant them out
- Understand the concept of the hungry gap and ways of growing plants to supply that period
- Recognise various over winter salad crops and how to grow them
- An insight into the various types of protected cropping and their properties
- How to look after your soil over the winter period
Course level: Beginners to intermediate
What you need to bring: Sensible shoes and outdoor wear
This course is not suitable for children under the age of 16. Details of this course are subject to change.