How to plan your growing space
This half-day course is a perfect follow on from the ‘Introduction to the principles of organic growing’. Using organic principles, it will focus on how to plan your organic growing space, choosing what to grow and when to grow it.
We will outline the key principles of designing a rotation so that you are able to organise your growing space to provide a continuous supply of healthy food. You will go home with a plan of action and something seasonal to grow in your garden.
- Discover how to assess your growing space;
- Learn the best times of year for various gardening activities;
- Create a cropping plan for your food growing space;
- Learn how to design a rotation;
- Learn some practical growing skills by sowing something seasonal to take home.
What you need to bring: Sensible shoes and outdoor clothes and an outline of your own growing space.
(Please note, if you attend this session, there will be some overlap with the earlier ‘Introduction to the principles of organic growing’ course in the morning. We will ensure this is kept to a minimum.)
This course is not suitable for children under the age of 16. Details of this course are subject to change.