Introduction to the principles of organic growing
Garden Organic, Ryton Organic Gardens, Wolston Lane, near Coventry, CV8 3LG
Wednesday, 13 February 2019 -
10:00am to 1:00pm
Most people think of organic growing as ‘growing without chemicals’ but there is so much more to it than that. Organic growing makes the best use of resources by working with and understanding natural processes, considering ways to plan ahead in order to create an environment where crops will thrive.
This predominantly theory-based course will cover the five principles behind organic growing. It will give you confidence in the techniques, and an understanding on how to create a healthy and productive growing area. A tour of Ryton Organic Gardens will enable you to see the theory in practice.
What you will learn
- Gain an overview of the organic principles;
- The best ways to improve your soil to grow healthy plants
- Address some of the common challenges and how to manage them without using chemicals
- Recognise beneficial creatures and how to attract them into your growing space
- See organic food growing principles in practice with a tour of Ryton Organic Gardens.
What you need to bring
Suitable clothing and footwear
Booking a place:
This course is not suitable for children under the age of 16. Details of this course are subject to change.
Cost [non member]:
024 7630 3517