Introduction to the principles of organic growing
Ryton Organic Gardens
Wednesday, 21 February 2018 -
10:00am to 1:00pm
Most people think of organic growing as ‘growing without chemicals’, but there is so much more to it than that. Organic growing works creatively with nature, making both the soil and the environment a place where plants will thrive.
This course covers the five principles behind organic growing. It will give you confidence in the techniques, and an understanding on how to create a healthy and productive growing area.
What we will cover:
- Gain an overview of the organic principles;
- Learn the best ways to improve your soil to grow healthy plants
- Learn about some of the common challenges and how to manage them without using chemicals
- Learn how to recognise beneficial creatures and how to attract them into your growing space
- See organic food growing principles in practice with a tour of Ryton Organic Gardens.
Course level: Beginners
Booking a place:
To book one of our last remaining spaces please telephone customer services on 024 7630 3517
This course is not suitable for children under the age of 16. Details of this course are subject to change.
Cost [non member]:
024 7630 3517