Principles of Organic Gardening Webinar
Most people think of organic growing as ‘growing without chemicals, but there is so much more to it than that. Organic growing makes the best use of resources by working with and understanding natural processes, alongside considering ways to plan your plot in order to create an environment where your crops will thrive.
We will provide you with an overview of what it means to grow organically and give you the chance to consider how you can integrate these principles into everyday practice in your own garden.
Join us for this webinar and get your 2022 growing season off to a great start so that you can reap the rewards of a healthy, organic growing space.
- Gain an overview of the key organic principles, official definitions, and consideration of what organic food means
- Learn the best ways to improve your soil health including consideration of no-dig methods, compost applications, and use of green manure plants
- Consideration of the impact of the resources you use in your garden including water, plastics, and energy use
- Address some of the common pest and disease challenges and how to manage them using through cultural methods, timing of planting, and choice of varieties
- How to recognise some of the key beneficial creatures in your garden and build an environment to attract them into your plot.
Skill level: Beginners/Intermediate
About your course Leader: Anton Rosenfeld
Anton has been with Garden Organic for over 15 years. His work has ranged from projects with commercial field-scale growers to small-scale community gardens and allotments. He regularly writes for Grow Your Own and Kitchen Garden magazine and has a passion for soils, composting, and growing veg from a wide range of cultures.
Our webinar will have an informal, relaxed learning environment with plenty of opportunity for interaction. We will provide a full set of notes, handouts, and a link to the webinar in advance of the date and time it is due to take place.