Successful Composting Webinar
Home composting has always been a no-brainer. With each compost bin, you are saving 125 kg of waste having to be taken away from home, and instead of turning it into a great product that will benefit your soil, your garden, and everything you grow.
However, there is a bit more to it than just throwing it all on a heap and hoping it will make lovely compost. This webinar will help you to fine-tune that process so that you have a better idea of how it all works. It will give you an understanding of the basic requirements for composting to take place and the various influencing factors giving you a much better degree of control and confidence.
This webinar will include presentations, interactive exercises, and the opportunity for discussion.
- The environmental and cost benefits of home composting
- Refining the composting process, including how to balance the mix of materials and measures to optimise the process to your needs
- Materials that can and can’t be composted or need to be dealt with caution (eg compostable packaging, weeds, diseased plants)
- Consideration of different bin types and composting systems including dalek bins, hot bins, green cones, bokashi bins
- Recognising the biological life involved in producing compost in your bin
- How to deal with problem compost heaps
- Basic knowledge of how to use compost in the garden including quantities and best times to apply it.
Skill level: Beginners
About your course Leader: Anton Rosenfeld
Anton has been with Garden Organic for over 15 years. His work has ranged from projects with commercial field-scale growers to small-scale community gardens and allotments. He regularly writes for Grow Your Own and Kitchen Garden magazine and has a passion for soils, composting, and growing veg from a wide range of cultures.
Our webinar will have an informal, relaxed learning environment with plenty of opportunity for interaction. We will provide a full set of notes, handouts, and a link to the webinar in advance of the date and time it is due to take place.