Move More, Eat Well
Move More, Eat Well ran from 2017/19 within the wards of Longbridge, Cofton, Northfield and Rubery (North and South) in the West Midlands. The project was made up of a programme of free events, support, activities and opportunities to help residents, community groups and schools feel healthier.
It’s was delivered by Health for Education Service, Garden Organic, Northfield Ecocentre, Sport Birmingham and Sustrans. Garden Organic were delighted to be delivering the schools food growing and cooking element of Move More, Eat Well. Our role included:
- Providing food growing and cooking training for school professionals and community volunteers.
- Running practical sessions in the growing areas.
- Developing and delivering a cooking programme for schools.
- Providing and producing relevant resources to support the delivery of the curriculum and practical growing activities.
- Providing cooking support visits to schools.
- Signposting to local organisations and providers
- Raising awareness within the community of school growing and cooking.
- Facilitating regular Garden Group meetings to map and maintain progress.
- Supporting schools with their fundraising activities for gardens and resources.
Full information on Move More, Eat Well can be found at www.movemoreeatwell.com