We provide here a comprehensive collection of resources related to this important species.
- Identifying Tropical Prosopis Species: A Field Guide (2004) Pasiecznik NM, Harris PJC and Smith SJ HDRA, Coventry, UK 30pp.
Prosopis juliflora (Vilayati babul): A Technical Manual(2000) Tewari, JC, Harris PJC, Harsh LN, Cadoret K and Pasiecznik NM. CAZRI, Jodhpur, India and HDRA, Coventry, UK. 96pp. ISBN 0 905343 27 1
- The Prosopis juliflora - Prosopis pallida Complex: A Monograph (2001) Pasiecznik NM. HDRA, Coventry, UK. 162pp. ISBN 0 905343 30 1
Conference and Workshop Proceedings
- Prosopis Species in the Arid and Semi-Arid Zones of India (1998) J.C. Tewari, N.M. Pasiecznik, L.N. Harsh and P.J.C. Harris HDRA, Coventry, UK. ISBN 0 905343 21 2
Proceedings of a conference held at the Central Arid Zone Research Institute, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.
- Prosopis: Semiarid Fuelwood and Forage Tree
Building Consensus for the Disenfranchised
An international workshop held in Washington D.C., US (March 1996)
- Session 1: Role of Fertility, Land Stabilization, and Sand Dune Movement
- Papers: SINGH, DIAGNE, AHMAD
- Session 2: Role of Prosopis in the Gender/Fuelwood/Land-tenure Complex
- Papers: POULSEN, BUTTERFIELD, LEA , BRISTOW
CD and Film
- The Genus Prosopis: A Reference Database (Version 1.0): CD ROM (2000) Cadoret K, Pasiecznik NM and Harris PJC. HDRA, Coventry, UK. ISBN 0 905343 28 X
- Prosopis juliflora (2000) Harsh L.N., J.C. Tewari and M. Lal CAZRI, Jodhpur and EMRC, JNV University, Jodhpur, India. Educational video film (32mins)
- 1 - Exploiting the value of Prosopis for dryland forestry and agroforestry systems A briefing paper for agencies concerned with international research and development
- 2 -Prosopis juliflora (vilayati babul)in the drylands of India: develop this valuable resource A briefing paper for the Government of India, state governments and concerned ministries
- 3 -Prosopis (mesquite, algarrobo): invasive weed or valuable forest resource? A briefing paper for local, national and international bodies responsible for natural resource management in arid and semi-arid regions experiencing invasions of weedy Prosopis
- Controlling the spread of Prosopis in Ethiopia by its utilisation A briefing paper for decision makers in Ethiopia involved in issues related to the problems of Prosopis
- The challenges of eradicating Prosopis in Kenya
- Realistic approaches to the management of Prosopis species in South Africa Policy brief for decision makers in South Africa involved in land use issues where Prosopis species is a problem
- Using invasive Prosopis to improve livelihoods in Sri Lanka A policy brief for decision makers involved in issues of Prosopis or in developing forest products for improving rural livelihoods
- Algaroba - planta invasora ou recurso florestal valioso? (Prosopis - Invasive plant or valuable resource?)
- Developing Prosopis as a valuable resource for dry zones - a synthesis
- Cooking with Prosopis Flour A guide on how flour from Prosopis pods can be incorporated into everyday recipes.
- Marketing of Prosopis Products in the UK - Feasibility Report A study on the potential of marketing prosopis wood and other associated products in the UK.
- Putting knowledge on Prosopis into use in Kenya Outcomes of a project funded by Kennington Overseas Aid that explored how the spread of the prosopis tree could be controlled by using it as a resource to support marginal communities in the Baringo district, Kenya.