Head of Fundraising
Garden Organic is the UK’s leading organic growing charity. For over 60 years we’ve been researching and promoting organic growing to get as many people as possible growing the organic way. We know that organic growing is the most sustainable way of growing, and offers far reaching benefits for human health, and the health of the environment & wildlife.
Our work is as interesting as it is varied; we provide advice to our 20,000 members online, through videos, social media and more; we support organic growing activities up and down the UK; we maintain the Heritage Seed Library; we raise awareness of issues impacting organic growers, and so much more.
Consumer awareness of the many benefits of organic gardening is growing year on year, and we want to grow with it.
Overall purpose of the role:
We’re looking for an ambitious, self-motivated fundraising professional to help us to develop and grow our income streams. You will get under the skin of the organisation, to understand our work inside and out. You will then help develop existing relationships, and identify and build new ones to source and secure funding from a wide range of sources including businesses, major donors, individual supporters, philanthropists, large trust and funds, and more.
This role is responsible for generating leads and developing opportunities, whilst supporting our existing fundraising activities across the organisation.
- Develop the organisation’s fundraising strategy to support the short, medium and long-term sustainability of the organisation.
- Work closely with the CEO, Executive and wider teams to identify a range of fundraising opportunities and implement plans to generate income from those opportunities.
- Achieve agreed income targets from a broad portfolio of fundraising streams, including corporate support, individual donors, trusts, foundations and community fundraising.
- Be responsible for developing our corporate partner strategy and building relationships with new and existing partners.
- Contribute to researching and writing credible bids for trusts and foundations and supporting all other areas of income generation, including assisting in generating and supporting legacy pledges.
- Manage the fundraising team and external fundraising agencies as required.
- Comply with all statutory regulatory obligations including but not limited to the Fundraising Regulator, GDPR and Safeguarding.
- Contribute to the overall management of the charity.
It is the nature of the work at Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All employees are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken. Garden Organic actively encourages employees to spend time volunteering with other departments within the Charity. Some evening, weekend and bank holiday working will be required.
This post can be based at Garden Organic, Ryton in Coventry or home based with flexible hours/days. Interviews will take place between mid April & early May.
Applications can be submitted via CV and covering letter which details your suitability for the role or via our application form which is also attached.
Garden Organic Privacy Notice