HR & Compliance Manager
Ryton Gardens, Coventry
35 hrs per week
We’re looking for a well-organised individual with a thorough approach, to support our workforce of staff and volunteers, advising on HR, Data Protection and Safeguarding matters as part of the wider Management Team.
Overall purpose of the role:
- To provide support and advice to the charity’s staff and volunteers on HR and employment law matters and volunteer management.
- To be the main point of contact for the charity’s external advisors in employment and volunteer matters.
- To act as the data protection lead and safeguarding lead for the charity.
- With the assistance of our external guidance, to oversee all employment matters. This will include supporting heads of department with recruitment, contract changes and leavers.
- To oversee the charity’s payroll process, including pensions and staff benefits.
- To be the main point of contact for our external HR advisors, pensions advisors, pensions company and payroll bureau, and reference to them for expert advice as and when required.
- To oversee the central administration for all the organisation’s volunteers and to support heads of department with the day to day management of the volunteers in their teams.
- To act as safeguarding lead for the charity. To provide support and guidance to managers and staff regarding safeguarding procedures and policies. To oversee the reporting process for any safeguarding incidents and liaise with external agencies as required.
- To act as data protection lead for the organisation, providing support and guidance to staff, referring matters externally to advisors as appropriate.
- To oversee the process for core/general training for all staff and volunteers.
- To be aware of regulatory changes and guidance within the areas of employment law, data protection and safeguarding.
- To be an effective member of the Management Team, acting on joint decisions to deliver the charity’s one-year operating plan and three-year business plan.
- To support the charity with its continuous review of policies and procedures.
- To line manage the HR & Compliance Administrator.
It is the nature of work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All employees are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken.
Closing date for applications is at midnight 9th April
Application Closing Date:
Tuesday, 9 April 2019