Master Composter Project Coordinator (Initial 6 mnth fixed term post)
Our Sustainable Communities Team are looking for a proactive Master Composter Project Coordinator to deliver their Master Composter Volunteer activity in Cambridgeshire with a specific focus on the Cherry Hinton Road and March area of Cambridge.
The primary role of the Project Coordinator is to co-ordinate Master Composter Volunteer activity, provide support for the Sustainable Communities Manager and contribute to the successful delivery of the Cambridgeshire Master Composter Volunteer Programme.
Specific Duties of the role
- To recruit and coordinate the training programme for Master Composter Volunteers
- To plan and coordinate all project activities in line with the objectives and milestones defined for the project
- To provide point of contact support for Master Composter volunteers
- To maintain contact with complimentary schemes and local community groups
- To help identify and engage with complimentary schemes/community groups/settings/events that may benefit from the support of a volunteer
- Arrange training / workshop events for the volunteers; including arranging venue hire, catering, administration and promotion
- Gather data / information / photographs / feedback / case studies from volunteers and beneficiaries to inform progress up-dates and reports produced by the Sustainable Communities Manager
- Manage the project social media accounts and website content
- Occasional travel for meetings at Garden Organic’s head office in Coventry as required
- To represent the organisation at appropriate events