Master Composter Project Co-ordinator - Shropshire
Home based (Shropshire) - FTC 30th April 2020
£19,500 pro rata
14 hrs a wk (flexible)
25 days (pro rata P/T)
The primary role of the Project Coordinator is to co-ordinate Master Composter Volunteer activity, provide support for the Sustainable Communities Manager and contribute to the successful delivery of the Shropshire Master Composter Volunteer Programme.
- To recruit and coordinate the training programme for Master Composter Volunteers.
- To plan and coordinate all project activities in line with the objectives and milestones defined for the project.
- To provide point of contact support for Master Composter volunteers.
- Liaise with funders to agree project actions, timescales and achievements.
- To maintain contact with complimentary schemes and local community groups.
- To help identify and engage with complimentary schemes / community groups / settings / events that may benefit from the support of a volunteer.
- Arrange training / workshop events for the volunteers; including arranging venue hire, catering, administration and promotion.
- Gather data / information / photographs / feedback / case studies from volunteers and beneficiaries to inform progress up-dates and reports produced with the Sustainable Communities Manager.
- Manage the project social media accounts and website content.
- Occasional travel for meetings at Garden Organic’s Head office in Coventry as required.
- To represent the organisation at appropriate events.
It is the nature of work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken. Garden Organic actively encourages employees to spend time volunteering with other departments within the Charity.
Some evening, weekend and bank holiday working may be required.
Application Closing Date:
Friday, 31 May 2019
Monday, 17 June 2019