Master Composter Project Officer (Fixed term post until 30th Mar 2019)
Home based (Cumbria)
£17,500 pro rata
14 hours per week (2 days)
Following county-wide expansion of our project in Cumbria our Sustainable Communities team are looking to recruit an additional Project Officer to cover the following districts: Carlisle, Allerdale and Copeland.
Master Composters are volunteers who are recruited, trained and supported to promote home composting in their local communities. The primary role of the Project Officer is to coordinate and facilitate volunteer Master Composter activity in Carlisle, Allerdale and Copeland. The post holder will work alongside a fellow Project Officer responsible for Eden, South Lakeland and Barrow.
Specific Duties include:
- Assisting with the recruitment and coordination of the training programme for volunteer Master Composters;
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of all project activities in line with the objectives and milestones defined for the project;
- Providing point of contact support for volunteer Master Composters;
- Maintaining contact with complimentary schemes and local community groups;
- Helping identify and engaging with complimentary schemes/community groups/settings/events that may benefit from the support of a volunteer Master Composter;
- Arranging training/workshop events for the volunteers; including arranging venue hire, catering, administration and promotion;
- Gathering data / information / photographs / feedback / case studies from volunteers and beneficiaries to inform progress up-dates and reports produced by the Sustainable Communities Manager;
- Managing the project social media accounts and website content;
- Occasional travel for meetings at Garden Organic’s Head office in Coventry as required;
- Representing the organisation at appropriate events.
Application Closing Date:
Friday, 23 March 2018
Tuesday, 10 April 2018