Garden Organic are currently looking for a part-time Membership Officer to join our friendly and dedicated Marketing and Communications team. This is a permanent, part-time contract for 14 hours a week, based at Garden Organic at Ryton, just outside of Coventry.
This role is a great opportunity to join an established Membership Team, playing a vital role in engaging and supporting our valuable membership base. Our 20,000 members are essential to the success of the charity. We are always working in different ways to expand and support our membership base, and to continue to nurture and build relationships with existing members. We strive to deliver an exceptional standard of customer care to improve member loyalty and engagement. As part of the existing Membership team, this role is essential to the on-going development of a loyal membership base in line with the charity’s growth plans.
You will be supported through training and on-going career development opportunities and all transferable skills will be considered.
Overall purpose of the role:
- To nurture and build relationships with existing members providing an exceptional standard of customer care to improve member loyalty and engagement;
- To raise overall member contribution levels through Gift Aid and donations;
- To contact current members by telephone to build relationships with them and gather insight into the member experience.
- To proactively recruit new members through a variety of sales and marketing activities including events.
- To contribute towards raising the profile of the charity and the benefits, products and services provided to members.
- Garden Organic also offers a relaxed, supportive and inclusive culture with a strong commitment to equal opportunities for all.
Applications are to be submitted via CV with a full covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for the position. If you need adjustments to allow you to apply via this method please contact us.
We are a disability confident employer. If you are classed as disabled under the Equality Act 2010 (i.e. you have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long term effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities) and would like to be considered for an interview under our disability confident scheme please indicate this in your covering letter.
We welcome informal discussion about the role prior to application, please contact Human Resources on 024 7630 8237
Interview date: Friday 13th or Monday 16th December 2019
(interviews will be held at Ryton)