Project Assistant – Growing Communities
The primary role of the Project Assistant is to support the Project Coordinator, undertake administration and organisation of volunteer Master Gardener/other volunteer activity, and therefore contribute to the successful delivery of the Growing Communities: Breckland and West Norfolk project.
- To support project activities in line with the objectives and milestones defined for the project.
- To provide support and assist the Project Coordinator in the delivery of the project.
- To act as a point of contact for the volunteers, ESCAPE project staff, community settings, local community groups and Garden Organic staff to ensure they are up to date with developments.
- To engage with community groups in order to reach individuals from the target areas and groups and liaise with volunteer(s) for support.
- Assist in arranging training/workshop events including venue hire/catering, administration and promotion of events
- Assist in the recruitment, co-ordination and delivery of the programme for the volunteers.
- Collate data/information/photographs/case studies and provide feedback and reports as required.
- Arrange focus groups to gather and demonstrate project impact
- Managing social media/website content for the project.
- Assist in project evaluation including collating questionnaires/feedback
- Administrative tasks as required.
It is the nature of work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. The nature of work at Garden Organic and working with volunteers and the general public requires a flexible approach to hours of work including evening and weekend working.
The Project Assistant role is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund.