Project Co-ordinator - Growing Communities
Swaffham Community Centre, Campingland, Swaffham, Breckland
£19,800 pro rata
28 hours a week (4 days)
25 days pro rata
The primary role of the *Project Coordinator is to manage the project and co-ordinate volunteer Master Gardener/other volunteer activity, and contribute to the successful delivery of the Growing Communities: Breckland and West Norfolk project.
- Responsible for planning and co-ordinating all project activities in line with the objectives and milestones defined for the project.
- To act as point of contact for the volunteers, ESCAPE project staff, settings, complimentary schemes, stakeholders, local community groups and Garden Organic staff to ensure they are up to date with developments.
- Provide advice and support for volunteers in the scheme including both proactive and reactive support activities.
- To identify and engage with existing community groups in order to reach individuals from the target areas and groups and to match them with volunteer(s) for support.
- Responsible for arranging training/workshop events including venue hire/catering, administration and promotion of events
- Responsible for the recruitment, co-ordination and delivery of the training programme for the volunteers.
- Gather data/information/photographs and provide feedback and quarterly progress reports as required.
- Responsible for managing social media/website content for the project.
- Identify and produce a series of case studies/reports to showcase project activity
- Assist in project evaluation including collating questionnaires/feedback
- Administrative tasks as required.
*This post is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund and is a fixed term post until 31st January 2021
It is the nature of work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. The nature of work at Garden Organic and working with volunteers and the general public requires a flexible approach to hours of work including evening and weekend working.
Application Closing Date:
Thursday, 18 January 2018
Monday, 22 January 2018