Volunteer Grower - Heritage Seed Library
Working as part of a team of friendly staff and volunteers you will participate in the maintenance of the HSL Grow Out area and Display Garden. Tasks can be variable depending on the season and weather and can include:
- Assisting with weeding, planting, staking, the harvesting of seed and propagation.
- Assisting in seed cleaning and packing of seed.
This role will suit people who:
- Have some experience and knowledge of organic gardening and a desire to learn more
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Are willing to work out of doors in all weathers and undertake physical tasks such as compost turning and digging over beds
- Have a careful, consistent and flexible approach to work
- Are happy to work unsupervised from time to time
- Have good communication and listening skills.
For full information please download the full role description below.