Let's Waste Less Worcestershire
A partnership approach utilising education and community engagement, Let's Waste Less is a Worcestershire County Council campaign to reduce waste across the county and Garden Organic has been contracted to recruit, train and coordinate volunteers to raise awareness of this topic.
The core areas of the Let's Waste Less campaign are reducing food waste, composting and recycling, as well as other sustainable waste schemes like real nappies and Repair Cafes. Volunteers raise awareness through stands at events, talks, workshops, home visits and supporting schools, colleges and universities.
With 30 volunteers trained so far and more on the horizon we are already having an impact. Volunteer-manned stalls are popping up across the county at a range of locations, from large national events at the Malvern Three Counties Showgrounds to village fetes and school fairs, 34 events have been attended in 2018. In the first year of the project nearly 3,000 Worcestershire residents have so far received composting, waste reduction and recycling advice from the team and that number is set to grow and grow through the project. All advice is designed to give people simple, practical steps they can take straight away.
- Become a Let's Waste Less Volunteer – Please contact Rob Whitehouse, Project Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Request the help of a Let's Waste Less volunteer – do you need advice, want a composting/recycling/food waste workshop at your group or school or have an event Let's Waste Less could attend? Please contact Rob Whitehouse on the email above.
- Visit Worcestershire County Council's Let's Waste Less website
- Visit Worcestershire County Council's Let's Waste Less Facebook page
- Garden Organic, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 024 7630 3517