Move More, Eat Well
Move More, Eat Well is a new project running from 2017/19 within the wards of Longbridge, Cofton, Northfield and Rubery (North and South) in the West Midlands. The project is made up of a programme of free events, support, activities and opportunities to help residents, community groups and schools feel healthier.
It’s all being delivered by Health for Education Service, Garden Organic, Northfield Ecocentre, Sport Birmingham and Sustrans. Garden Organic are delighted delivering the schools food growing and cooking element of Move More, Eat Well. Our role will include:
- Proving food growing and cooking training for school professionals and community volunteers.
- Running practical sessions in the growing areas.
- Developing and delivering a cooking programme for schools.
- Providing and producing relevant resources to support delivery of the curriculum and practical growing activities.
- Providing cooking support visits to schools.
- Signposting to local organisations and providers who can support people’s aims.
- Raising awareness within the community of school growing and cooking.
- Facilitating regular Garden Group meetings to map and maintain progress.
- Supporting schools with their fundraising activities for gardens and resources.
In addition to supporting individual schools, our education officer will host a network for local schools, individuals and organisations to join. This will meet termly with the purpose of identifying shared challenges and celebrating positive experiences, and provide as necessary support to overcome barriers to the programme. This group will be integral in supporting the long term sustainability of the programme.
Our involvement in Move More, Eat Well will start in September 2017, in the meantime for further information and to register your interest please contact Colette Bond, Head of Education, by emailing email@example.com
Full information on Move More, Eat Well can be found at www.movemoreeatwell.com