Organic Gardening blog series
Welcome to our new series of weekly organic gardening blogs, aimed to lift your mood as we all navigate these unprecedented times.
Written by Garden Organic staff, each blog gives an insight into the real-life experiences within their own gardens, growing spaces, and allotments, whilst sharing their expertise and knowledge.
Join us as they write. And learn much more about organic gardening; from a beginner’s growing journey, to garden wildlife and the trials and tribulations of managing an allotment and raising a young family.
Indulge yourself in one or all four of our series; Growing Calm, On the Allotment, The Wonder of Wildlife, and Starting to Grow – there’s something for everyone.
Published Monday lunchtime
Frugal Gardening series - written by Anton Rosenfeld, Knowledge Officer
Published Tuesday lunchtime
- Frugal gardening
- How to eke things out
- Raising your seedlings with care
- Making your potting compost go further
- All the things we haven't paid for
- Contents of a kitchen cupboard
- Homemade liquid feeds made easy
- Aphidogeddon - the hands-off approach to aphids
- Why replicate supermarkets?
- Eco-Budget Pest Control
- Ensuring the show goes on
- Exotic houseplants
- The virtues of the humble field bean
- Experiments and discoveries
- Preparing for Autumn
- Making the most of this seasons produce
Growing Calm series - written by Rachel Phillips-Street, Master Composter Co-ordinator for Shropshire
Published Wednesday lunchtime
On the Allotment series - written by Lucy Shepherd, Heritage Seed Library Seed Officer
Published Friday lunchtime
- Highs and lows of family vegetable growing
- The plot
- Pre-accessions and germination
- The children and I
- Good news and bad news
- In the ground
- Watching them grow
- Weather worries on the allotment
- Successes and disasters so far
- Fingers crossed
- A real allotmenteer
- Planning ahead
- You win some, you lose some
- Comfrey, corn and pests
- Keeping up momentum
- Will it be a world record?
- Inspiring the next generation
- Time for a tidy
- Drawing to a close for now...
The Wonder of Wildlife series - written by Sarah Brown, Editor, Growing Advice Web Pages
Published Sunday lunchtime